POST TITLE: Nominations Administrator
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Charity Manager
HOURS: Part Time (15 hours a week) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 11am – 4pm initially
(with flexibility needed to meet the service needs, including the occasional Saturday)
CONTRACT: 6 Months Temporary Contract initially
To become a Permanent Contract subject to Charity Manager / Board of Trustees agreement during the term of temporary contract
PAY: £7878 per annum (£10.10 per hour)
BASE: 26 Shire Walk, Upper Mall, Highcross shopping centre, Leicester
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To liaise with schools and other agencies to ensure the charity receives holiday nominations for children across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland;
To liaise with parents, carers and professionals in the organisation of the holidays;
To carry out the administration of the children’s holidays provided by the charity;
To create management reports and analyse data;
To support the General Manager and Board of Trustees in the work of the charity providing information for the Nominations Committee in liaison with the Charity Manager;
To support the Charity Manager in meeting the charity’s strategic objectives;
To meet the public and perform duties in the Highcross shop as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and email/post nomination packs to schools and other agencies.
- Keep up to date records of schools and other agencies and contacts within these schools.
- Collate incoming nomination forms and, in liaison with the Charity Manager, present to the Nominations Committee.
- Conduct meetings with parents/carers and the children, including visits to county schools.
- Collect all agreed data regarding the holidays for the charity; to be able to analyse the data and prepare management reports.
- To develop relationships with schools to promote a wider spread of nominations and potential sponsors; including open day sessions at Highcross for schools and agencies and school talks to encourage knowledge of the charity and potential sponsors.
- To develop relationships with other agencies eg Social Care, Barnardo’s, food banks.
- To develop the bank of expert holiday staff with the Charity Manager and Holiday Committee.
- Co-ordinate policies and procedures related to the charity holidays, especially Safeguarding, with the Charity Manager and Holiday Committee.
- To manage the charity’s DBS processes (on-line).
- To ensure GDPR compliance regarding the holiday provision, nomination forms and other appropriate documentation and storage.
- To work with the Charity Manager to meet strategic objectives, including holiday development across the year and across age ranges.
- To carry out duties at Highcross in meeting the public as required, including supporting the wrapping service.
- To carry out other duties as required to meet the needs of the charity that are applicable to the post.
- To undertake such reasonable duties from time to time as required by the Trustees or Charity Manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Welcome to Leicester Children’s Holidays charity and thank you for your interest in our Nominations Administrator post (Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays 11am – 4pm initially). Our wonderful charity is 121 years old and has provided over 60,000 holidays to children from Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland during this time. Please look at our website to find out more: www.leicesterchildrensholidays
The job description and person specification are attached for your information.
- Your CV
- A covering letter outlining how you think you meet the post requirements
- The name of two people to give you a reference with their full name, address, designation and email address to:
Please note the following information also:
- Deadline for receipt of CV, covering letter and reference information: 4pm Monday 10th February 2020
- Interviews: Friday 14th February 2020
We look forward to receiving your application letter and CV.
Charity Manager Leicester Children’s Holidays
|REQUIREMENTS||ESSENTIAL||DESIRABLE||EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT ASSESSMENT|
|QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING / EDUCATION||‘O’ level or GCSE English and Mathematics Grade C or above or equivalent
|A well-constructed application letter and CV, showing clear thinking to meet the requirements of the post
|Experience in dealing with children and families
Data preparation and analysis
Office or other administration experience
Work as part of a team
|Experience of working in or dealing with schools / other agencies
Knowledge / experience of Safeguarding
Voluntary sector involvement /
Interview / Test
|SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
Good planning and prioritising skills
Microsoft Office applications specifically: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and supportively within the charity team, making a positive contribution
|Microsoft Access / other applications||Application
Interview / Test
|MOTIVATION & DISPOSITION||Be able to show a committed, professional and loyal attitude to the charity, openly modelling its aims and values at all times
An understanding of the need for confidentiality
|Interview and References|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||Flexible working may be required on occasion within the working hours and events of the charity
Flexible to work base if the charity moves from Highcross shopping centre
Able to drive to schools in the county