There’s nothing quite like a holiday for getting away from it all and creating happy memories. At Leicester Children’s Holidays, we have a close-knit team and are proud to have provided over 60,000+ free holidays for young children in Leicestershire since 1898.
Many families struggle with time or finances to go on a holiday. This is where our charity comes in. As well as an unforgettable experience for the children, our holidays give parents a break too. With your help, we will continue to help families across Leicestershire.
POST TITLE: Administrator
ACCOUNTABLE TO: General Manager / Chair and Board of Trustees of Leicester Children’s Holidays
HOURS: Part Time (9 hours a week) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10.00am – 1.00pm (with some flexibility needed)
CONTRACT: 6 Months Temporary Contract initially
To become a Permanent Contract subject to General Manager / Board of Trustees agreement during the term of temporary contract
PAY: £4460 per annum (£9.50 per hour)
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To provide the administrative function, including the creation of data and marketing support for Leicester Children’s Holidays charity, including working to support the General Manager and Board of Trustees alongside our finance administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To review the filing and other administrative systems at the charity currently in place and make recommendations on how they can be reorganised and streamlined as required. Once agreed make the necessary changes.
- Create an inventory of marketing and other materials and develop a tracking system when it is out on use.
- Support the General Manager with the following:
- Fundraising bids
- GDPR compliance
- School liaison
- Internal procedures, including policies
- Support our volunteer dealing with social media and the provision of information and materials for this purpose also.
- To gather data for the charity in a format that can be analysed and used to benefit the charity, utilising an IT package eg Excel.
- To support the organisation of events for the charity with the lead Trustee for events, the Events Committee and the General Manager.
- Redesign the charity Newsletter and produce a Newsletter on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Charity Manager.
- To provide administrative support for the Children’s Officer as required, including the provision of support on the first day of the children’s holidays each week that they go in the summer (Monday mornings).
- To carry out other duties as required to meet the needs of the charity that are applicable to the post.