Leicester Children’s Holidays are committed to providing a site that is accessible to everyone. We are always seeking to improve our website and its ease of use. Our guidelines include:
- Designing the site for different monitor sizes – including mobile phones – so horizontal scrolling is not required
- Using meaningful alternative text for all images to provide descriptive text
- Using a simple colour scheme
- Using a standard font which is easy to read
Text size can be increased or decreased in your browser. General guidelines are shown below, or the BBC has a useful set of instructions and video guides.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click “View” at the top of the screen
- Click on “Text size” on the drop down menu that appears
- Options including “small”, “medium”, “large”, “largest” should appear
- Select “largest”
- Click on ‘View’ and then ‘Zoom’ in the drop-down menu
- Click ‘Zoom In’ to increase the text size
- Click ‘Zoom Out’ to decrease the tetx size
- Click ‘View’ at the top of the screen
- Click ‘Zoom In’ to increase the text size, or ‘Zoom Out’ to decrease the text size
- Click the ‘Customise and Control’ spanner symbol in the top right hand corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ or ‘Preferences’
- Click on ‘Under the Bonnet’ and customise your fonts and font size in the ‘Web Content’ section
We are always seeking to make improvements to the site and welcome any comments, suggestions or feedback. Please email email@example.com if you have any problems or suggestions.
The BBC’s My Web My Way website has a great deal of advice about changing text size, colours, and making your keyboard and mouse easier to use.